Gorilla permits in Rwanda or Uganda are more convenient to purchase through a local tour operator because Rwanda Tourism Board or the Uganda Wildlife Authority are so busy handling bookings from many other travel agencies world wide and so busy.
To book a gorilla permit to Rwanda – Click here to contact Us
Costs for Rwanda gorilla permits:
– USD750 per person for non-nationals
– USD450 for East African resident.
– USD375 for Rwanda foreign residents.
– USD300 for East African Citizen.
– 30,000 Frw for Rwandan citizens.
This is inclusive of park entry fees. It is advisable to organize your own transportation to take you up to the park boundaries. Access begins in the lively town of Musanze, situated 12km from Kinigi, the base of the entrance of the park. Musanze is a 90-minute drive from Rwanda’s capital city, Kigali.
One can get to Musanze from Kigali either by private vehicle or by public taxi minibus. If you intend to make a gorilla visit, you will need to organise your own transport from Musanze town to the park boundaries at Kinigi, where you will continue your trip on foot. Vehicles can be hired for this purpose in Musanze town.
On the day of you are scheduled to trek, you must present yourself for briefing at the RDB Tourism & Conservation offices situated at the prefecture offices in Kinigi at 7:00 AM.
RDB Tourism & Conservation currently has English and French speaking trained guides as well as a team of 80 trained gorilla trackers many of whom speak French or English.
Gorilla Guide lines
To minimize possible transmission of human diseases, visitors are asked to maintain a distance of 7m (about 22 feet) from the gorillas. If you are sick with a cold, flu or other contagious illness, please do not visit the gorillas.
To enhance your enjoyment:
– Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
– Mountain gorillas live at high altitude and this may cause difficulties for some visitors. You should walk slowly and drink plenty of water. No one should feel deterred from making this trip.
Click here to contact Us